OYAP Participants must be enrolled in a Cooperative Education program and be earning co-op credits in accordance with Ministry policies and procedures. An OYAP placement is a co-op placement in an occupation where apprenticeship is the preferred or required postsecondary pathway for training and qualification.
To participate in OYAP, students must:
- be enrolled in a Cooperative Education program and be earning co-op credits;
- be participating in a work placement in an apprenticeship skilled trade;
- be a minimum of 16 years of age;
- have completed at least 16 credits;
- be enrolled as a full-time high school student working towards all requirements of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).