- enhances the school program;
- complements the academic experience;
- provides experience in a workplace environment;
- assists in career decisions;
- helps develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential in society.
Planned learning experiences that take place in the community, or "Experiential Learning" opportunities, provide students who are enrolled in courses of all types and in all disciplines with the opportunity to enhance their school programs. All students, including exceptional students, who are bound for apprenticeship, college, university or the workplace, benefit from experiential learning because it assists in career decisions and developing the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are essential in today's society. All forms of experiential learning, including co-op, are a valuable complement to students' academic experience and preparation for the future.